Evertel needs Desktop Notifications to be enabled to receive timely alerts about things in Evertel that need your attention. If when setting your first notification permissions you block the browser from allowing Desktop Notifications you will have to re-enable Notifications through the browser settings in order to proceed.
Enabling push notifications in your browser
When you first log in on Chrome, the browser will ask if you want to allow notifications. You will want to enable all optimized settings for best use of your browser.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the Chrome Settings menu, by clicking on the snowman icon located to top right of the browser.
- Click on “Privacy & Settings” and then “Site Settings”.
- Now click “view permissions and data stored across sites”.
- Expand the Evertel URL options by clicking the down-arrow icon.
- Make sure to apply changes to the Main URL & the API URL.
- From here select “Allow”, not “allow (default)”, to the following options:
- Go back to the Evertel app site and Click the “Reload” button to refresh the page
- Click the lock icon, at the top, to confirm your settings:
- Desktop Notifications are now enabled!
Troubleshooting Browser Notifications
If you are facing difficulty hearing notification sounds while using a desktop browser, please follow the below instructions according to the browser type you use.
- Go to your Chrome settings menu and select the “Privacy and Security” option.
- Click “site settings”.
- Select Evertel and the arrow next to it to proceed.
- Make sure “Allow” is selected for these two categories.